Tuesday 8 August 2017

Nature trails -1

One of my most enjoyable experiences was during my visit to the Biocentre on Bannerughatta Road, #Bangalore. It is the Department of Horticulture at Hulimavu, opposite to Meenakshi Mall. 

It is surprising that most Bangaloreans are aware of the famous mall, but unaware of the nature-pocket that is diagonally opposite to it. The first thing that hit me was the sheer number of trees lining the roads that goes on and on forever. Lined by Chickoo trees on either sides the place is enormous.

Although there are innumerable varieties of flowers and flower saplings for visitors to enjoy or purchase, I've always been drawn to the wildflowers that grow haywire around the untended open spaces. This click is one of them.





I stopped my vehicle along the way when I spotted these red 'berries', as I first thought they were. Turned out that it was a coffee plant that caught my fancy. Never knew that these cherry-colored fruits would look this succulent and appetizing...coffee anyone?   

No comments:

Post a Comment