Sunday 17 January 2021

The Blue Phoenix - Chethana Ramesh

My debut novel, The Blue Phoenix was published on Vijayadashami Day, on the 25th of October, 2020. However, it was advertised by me only mid-November, after I was able to procure a copy of the book for myself. I wanted to ensure that the book was what it claimed to be, before I began to make an announcement from the rooftops.

I then got busy signing, packing and mailing a few copies to my friends who demanded signed copies. Readers began to call and send messages, gushing about how they loved my book. My journey felt complete.

It's more endearing when the readers notice and enjoy the story, narration, structure, vocabulary, flow and a whole lot of other nuances that go into penning a novel. Most readers loved the characterisations, especially the protagonist's Neela.

I did not consider any of these facets when I wrote it. All I wanted to do was tell the story brewing in my head, in the best possible manner. It worked. 

Few of my readers are aware that my novel was selected as a finalist in the Litmart of the Bangalore Literature Festival 2015, as one of the top ten from more than 2000 entries. Six years after I penned it, I was finally willing to let my baby out into the world in 2020.

What is my novel, The Blue Phoenix all about?

Here's the blurb to give you a gist of what it's all about:

What happens when a feminist falls in love with a narcissist? Neela’s love for her colleague makes her a victim of ruthless corporate politics, leaving her shattered with psychological and financial devastation. While her specially-abled friend attempts to win her affections amidst dangerous midnight adventures, an extraordinary turn of events changes her life forever. 

Will Neela find true love while grappling with emotional turmoil? Or will the cut-throat corporate world ruin her hopes of a successful life and a happy home?

Replete with cultural nuances of the vibrant city of Bangalore, the tale encompasses a gripping journey of betrayal, manipulation, motherhood and love.

Do buy my novel and let me know your thoughts on it. Hope you all enjoy my work.

Here are the Amazon links to grab a copy for yourself or gift it to a loved one. 





Don't forget to let me know your feelings, thoughts and impressions after you read it. Also, do post a review on Amazon, Goodreads, Facebook, Twitter...everywhere if you loved the book as much my readers  did until now.

Thank you all, readers. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment